The site of the Bulgarian museums

Regional Historical Museum - Vratsa
font size     A  A

The beginning of the museum work in Vratsa was made in 1925 with the creation of a collection to the “Tsar Boris III” Boys High School. At the end of the 1930s a building was built for the Studious  society, under whose patronage the museum collections falls under. In 1953 the Vratsa Museum was declared a district museum, and three years later it opened a permanent exhibition in the Meshite Tower, located in the center of the city.  The Ethnographic-Revival Complex was established in 1976, and in 1980 the Museum's new building was opened for visitors. In 2000 the Vratsa Museum acquired regional status, including the local Art Gallery in its structure.

At present, the Museum has 10 sections, seven of which are specialized. Except for the central building, its expositions are located in eight more different sites, united in two complexes. It performs archeological research. There is a science team at the museum. The research activity is related to the museum profile. The institution is presented in a convincing way also in the digital space - two of its sites are accessible to Internet users for virtual tours.

Translation Yordan Georgiev - trainee



Contacts