The site of the Bulgarian museums

Museums categories
National Regional Municipal Departmental Private Collections

Category "Municipal Museums"
Museum Complex - Berkovitsa

Museum Complex - Berkovitsa

Category "Municipal Museums"
The Berkovitsa Museum is a municipal cultural institute responsible for preserving the movable cultural heritage of the town and the municipality. It takes care of three historical sites - Art Gallery, Ethnographic Museum, “Ivan Vazov” House Museum. It was established as a Museum of Ivan Vazov, founded in 1950 and opened for visitors in ...
Art Gallery "George Papazov" - Yambol

Art Gallery "George Papazov" - Yambol

Category "Municipal Museums"
The Art Gallery "George Papazov" - Yambol started in 1952 as an art department at the Historical Museum. The building of the former Synagogue was declared a cultural monument of 18.11.1967 and adapted for an art gallery in 1979. Adaptation was made together with another building - a former TPK, connected viaa warm connection. The total area is 2500 ...
Etnographic - Archaeogical Museum - Elhovo

Etnographic - Archaeogical Museum - Elhovo

Category "Municipal Museums"
The idea of ​​a museum in the town of Elhovo has existed since the 1930s but became a reality in 1958, after the successful finalization of the efforts of its founder Ivan Zhelyazkov. Its history begins with the opening of a museum collection whose first exposition is mainly ethnographic. In 1966 the museum was specialized as ethnographic, and in ...
Directorate of Museums - Koprivshtitsa

Directorate of Museums - Koprivshtitsa

Category "Municipal Museums"
The town of Koprivshtitsa is a national architectural reserve, representative of the Bulgarian Revival culture. Koprivshtitsa maintains a structure of eight municipal museums, managed by the Directorate of Museums. The town's museum network includes the “Dimcho Debelyanov” House Museum, two ethnographic museums - "Oslekova House" and ...
Historical Museum - Pirdop

Historical Museum - Pirdop

Category "Municipal Museums"
The "Lukanova House" Museum - Pirdop, 19 Slavovtsi Street, is an architectural monument of local significance. It is owned by Pirdop Municipality. The house was built in the period 1870-1872 for the family of the famous Pirdopian Revival teacher, literary and merchant Luca h. Pavlov (11.VI.1828 - 17.V.1884). The owner was the first Bulgarian ...
Historical Museum - Pravets

Historical Museum - Pravets

Category "Municipal Museums"
Historical Museum - Pravets is a research and educational institution that registers, collects, documents, investigates, protects, preserves and promotes the cultural values ​​of the region of Pravets Municipality. It was opened on April 18, 1981, and in 1983 it was included in the museum network of Bulgaria. The permanent exhibition presents the ...
Historical Museum - Ihtiman

Historical Museum - Ihtiman

Category "Municipal Museums"
The Historical Museum of Ihtiman was opened in 1951 in the house of the prominent writer Gyoncho Belev, where the first exhibition, which reflects the ethnographic richness of the Ihtiman region was created. At the core of the first collection are donations of local citizens. In the 1960s, the museum was shaped as a museum for the history of ...
Museum of the Architectural Historical Reserve "Bozhentsi"

Museum of the Architectural Historical Reserve "Bozhentsi"

Category "Municipal Museums"
The Museum of Architectural and Historical Reserve "Bozhentsi" is one of the newest museums in Bulgaria. It was established by an Act of the Municipal Council of the Municipality of Gabrovo on March 31, 2016. It was created to include more closely the movable and immovable values ​​included in the Reserve in the network of Bulgarian museums. Its ...
Historical Museum - Botevgrad

Historical Museum - Botevgrad

Category "Municipal Museums"
The first conscious necessity of building a museum collection in Botevgrad, then Orhanie, is note and shared in Orchanie News, issue 1, 10.01.1927, when among the forthcoming tasks of the cultural and social elite of the town is noted the creation of "archaeological Museum at the Community center ". The organizational beginning of the museum work ...
Historical Museum - Oriahovo

Historical Museum - Oriahovo

Category "Municipal Museums"
Created in 1939 by Nikola Kotsev, today the Historical Museum owns a fund of over 4,500 exhibits. Unique in character are the statue "Good Shepherd" and the Stone Cross from the 4th century - wonderful examples of early Christian art. The statue "Good Shepherd" participated in two international exhibitions organized in Rome and Brussels. The museum ...
Art Gallery - Mezdra

Art Gallery - Mezdra

Category "Municipal Museums"
The Art Gallery in Mezdra was opened on 28 December 1971 and was the first one in the Vratsa district outside the district center. It owns works  by the great artists Andrey Nikolov, Ivan Funev, Iliya Petrov, Vassil Zahariev, Tsenko Boyadzhiev, Boyan Petrov, Evtim Tomov, Boris Kolev, Bissera Prahova, Maria Nedkova and others. Creative links ...