The site of the Bulgarian museums

Regional Historical Museum - Razgrad
font size     A  A

The beginning of the Razgrad Historical Museum is laid by the hard-working public figure, local school inspector and academician in the field of natural sciences Ananie Ivanov Yavashov. In 1887, he conducted the first excavations in the western part of the Hisarlaka Fortress (Abritus). With the archaeological finds from the excavations, Yavashov arranged a museum collection in the same year. In 1922 he became the founder of the Razgrad Archaeological Society, which aims to find, store and study antiquities in Razgrad and the region.
Today, the Regional Historical Museum handles and promotes more than 53,000 movable cultural monuments that are exhibited in permanent and temporary expositions. It maintains archaeological and ethnographic expositions, as well as two house museums – “Stanka and Nikola Ikonomovi “and “Dimitar Nenov”. In its structure is the archaeological reserve "Abritus".

Translation Yordan Georgiev - trainee



Contacts