The museum in Targovishte was established in 1951. Since 1960 it has acquired the status of a district museum. Currently the Turgovishte museum is a regional one. The structure includes five departments – Archaeology, History of Bulgaria XV - XIX century, New and Recent history, Ethnography and Funds. It preserves over 25,000 museum values. The museum maintains four sites – the Archaeology exposition is in the Old school “Hadji Rusi”, the Ethnography exposition is in the Hadjiangelov house, the house – museum “Nikola Simov – Kuroto” and the Bulgarian Revival school “St. Sedmochislenitsi”. The first three sites have permanent exhibitions, while the Revival school presents the temporary exhibitions. The museum develops research and publishing activities. It organizes educational programs and archaeological research.
Translation Yordan Georgiev - trainee